West Midlands Deanery trainees can get a £25 discount off our Birmingham courses by entering this code: mrcgpwestmidlands
Fully approved for Study Leave - course costs can be reimbursed from your study leave budget.Key Points:
This intensive half day course will provide GP trainees in ST1 and ST2 with an understanding of the MRCGP examinations and how to prepare for them.
- Detailed overview of the MRCGP AKT and MRCGP CSA
- Ideal for GP trainees in ST1 and ST2 to help you understand how to prepare for the exams
- High yield topics for the AKT
- Tips on AKT and CSA revision
- Common reasons for failing and how to avoid them
- Mini mock AKT exam and sample CSA cases
- 1.45pm - 5.45pm
- CPD - 3.5 hours / 3.5 Credits
The course will cover the Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) and the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) in detail. By the end of this course you will understand the format of the exam, the key areas being tested, and know how to plan your revision effectively to maximise your chances of passing both exams on your first attempt.MRCGP AKT
- We will cover the curriculum, key areas to focus on for revision, hot topics from previous examinations, and useful resources when preparing for the exam. You will also have a chance to sit a mini mock AKT examination, with detailed feedback and explanations. MRCGP CSA
- We will cover what is being tested in the CSA, a detailed breakdown of the new RCGP mark scheme
, and common reasons trainees fail the CSA. You will also get a chance to see example cases for the CSA, and cover how to make the most of your GP placements to help you pass this challenging exam.
The Course Director and main speaker is Dr Mahibur Rahman. He is a Portfolio GP in Birmingham and a Consultant in Medical Education. He has helped hundreds of doctors succeed in their Membership examinations since 2006. He has been involved in helping GP trainers prepare their registrars for the AKT and CSA
through MRCGP for Trainers
courses. You can find out more about him HERE.Course Programme
14.00 Welcome and introduction
14.10 Understanding the AKT examination
14.40 AKT Mini Mock Paper
15.00 AKT Mini Mock Feedback and discussion
15.20 How to prepare for the AKT
15.30 Break for Refreshments
15.50 Understanding the CSA examination
16.30 Sample CSA cases with feedback
17.15 How to prepare for the CSA
17.30 Questions and Answers
17.45 Summary and Close
Please note that due to the start time of this course lunch will NOT be provided.Course Feedback
"Excellent course - concise, clear, covered the key topics and tips for both exams"
"Great first step in understanding where to start with revision"
"Very informative as an overview of both parts of the exam"
"Main speaker is excellent, liked covering "why people fail" and "what examiners are looking for"
"Outlined exactly what to expect from both AKT and CSA exams and included both example questions / scenarios with feedback"
"Explained the facts clearly about the AKT + CSA exams"
"Easy to understand. Mock test very useful, great handouts"
"Speaker was clear and succinct. Excellent handouts, good examples for both AKT and CSA"
"Cleared up common myths, broke down the exam and the marking scheme."
"Really made me aware of the AKT and CSA exams - a definite eye opener"