This course is usually held in the Spring/Summer, if you would like to be notified of when the course is next running, please email us
to be added to the waiting list. If you are interested in hosting a session at your school or college, please click here
for further information.Save £40!
- Book with a friend and save a total of £40!Save £50!
- If you are eligible for a UKCAT bursary email us at email@example.com for a unique code allowing you to book for half price!Key Points:
This intensive course is dedicated to helping you boost your scores in the UKCAT
- Intensive preparation for your UKCAT
- Comprehensive coverage of the UKCAT for 2015
- Strategies and techniques to boost your UKCAT score in all sections
- Mini-mock with all 5 sections in exam conditions with full answers and explanations
- How universities use your UKCAT
- All questions are unique to this course - not available online or in any books
- Key topics for the UKCAT situational judgement section - ethics, confidentiality, professionalism, acting within boundaries
- Ideal for anyone sitting the UKCAT for entry to Medicine or Dentistry in 2016
- 9.30am - 5.15pm
- FREE access for 2 weeks to our online UKCAT revision service after the course - over 2000 UKCAT questions (usually £30)
The course covers key theory as well as all important tips and techniques to help you boost your UKCAT score. We hope this will maximise your chances of getting into Medicine / Dentistry.
This course is aimed at anyone applying for Medicine or Dentistry at UK universities. For entry in 2016, the deadline for sitting the UKCAT is 6th October 2015. The course covers:UKCAT Overview & exam technique
- background, development, exam tips and technique from tutors who take the UKCAT every year.All 5 sections of the UKCAT exam
- each section of the UKCAT will be looked at in detail with explanation of how to tackle the different question types and practice questions in each section. This includes the key changes made to the exam this year.Mini-mock UKCAT
- realistic mini-mock with the same timings as the real exam, all question formats included, detailed answers and explanations.How your UKCAT is used
- how different universities consider and use applicants' UKCAT scores.Questions and Answers
- dedicated question and answer session on UKCAT questions and applying to university. 1 to 1 clinic at the end of the day if you wish to discuss anything privately. You will also have access to ongoing advice and support from our expert tutors right up to your exam.Course Programme
9.45 Introduction and learning objectives
9.50 UKCAT overview and exam technique
10.10 Verbal Reasoning Practice and feedback
10.40 Quantitative Reasoning Practice and feedback
11.10 Break for refreshments
11.30 Abstract Reasoning Practice and feedback
11.55 Decision Analysis Practice and feedback
12.10 Situational Judgement - key topics, Practice and feedback
12.50 Lunch break *
1.35 UKCAT Mock test
2.30 Feedback and explanations from UKCAT mock VR + QR
3.25 Break for refreshments
3.45 Feedback and explanations from UKCAT mock AR + DA + SJT
4.40 How universities will use your UKCAT score
5.00 Questions and Answers
* Lunch not providedCourse Feedback
Feedback from students who have attended our UKCAT teaching sessions in the past:
"The session was informative and provided me with a very useful insight into what the UKCAT test was like. It was useful to have some practice questions from each section and the extra tips were very helpful. It was also good to know how universities use the UKCAT"
"Everything was explained in depth, the mock tests gave a good indication of what to expect, all key info clearly explained, essential points of presentation"
"Practice and clear breakdown of each section and very clear explanation"
"The practice questions and explanations were really good, as well as the tips"
"I liked the fact that everything was explained. The session was well structured and run"
"All sections were thoroughly explained and examples were provided. Engaging and confident speaker :D"
"Confidence, politeness and great in depth understanding of the UKCAT system, Brilliant advice"
"Direct, idea portrayed simple. Tips on each section. Opening our minds up to how tough UKCAT is."
"Gave a good representation of the types of questions likely to come up in the exam"
"Enthusiastic atmosphere, good number of practice questions, useful information"
"A very helpful presentation, that has heightened my confidence and preparation for the test"
"It was an excellent presentation which was very informative and useful. Thank you :)"
"The session was very useful, I would definitely recommend it to others"